We are closely monitoring CDC guidance on the spread of COVID-19 and will react accordingly. Effective immediately, we are making the following changes to our operations until further notice:
- We will no longer allow customers to leave their dogs’ leashes at Puppy Haven. When dropping off your dog, our staff will be ready to leash your dog with one of our house leashes. Once your dog has the house leash on, please remove your leash and take it home with you. We will continue to sanitize our house leashes daily.
- When picking up your dog, please enter the lobby like normal, at which time the front desk will call to the playroom to retrieve your dog. While waiting for your dog, please exit the lobby and wait outside. We will bring your dog to you. As a reminder, if there are multiple customers waiting outside, be sure to practice social distancing.
- We will be asking all customers at check-in if you or anyone at home have symptoms of COVID-19. If you answer yes, we will ask that you leave the facility with your dog.
- Whenever possible, we will process your credit card on file to collect payment. To check to see if you have a card on file, log in to the customer portal, click “My Account” and then “Cards on File.” You can also add and/or update your card on file through the customer portal.
- We have temporarily suspended providing beverages to our customers in the lobby.
- To minimize time our customers spend in our lobby, we will ask that you utilize e-mail or the customer portal to make daycare and boarding reservation requests.
In addition to the newly implemented precautions listed above, we will continue to practice the following to minimize the spread of COVID-19:
- Require that employees who are sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19 not come to work.
- Sanitize frequently touched surfaces throughout the day such as the front desk, cleaning equipment, door handles and credit card terminals.
- Encourage our employees to wash their hands continuously throughout the day in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Provide hand sanitizer throughout our building, including in the lobby.
- Practice social distancing amongst our employees and customers. This includes staying at least 6 feet away from one another when possible and cancelling non-essential in-person internal meetings and training.
Should I be Concerned About Pets in Regards to COVID-19?
The CDC has recently updated the guidance on COVID-19 and pets. Per the CDC:
At this time, there is no evidence that animals play a significant role in spreading the virus that causes COVID-19. Based on the limited information available to date, the risk of animals spreading COVID-19 to people is considered to be low. A small number of pets have been reported to be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, mostly after contact with people with COVID-19.
Pets have other types of coronaviruses that can make them sick, like canine and feline coronaviruses. These other coronaviruses cannot infect people and are not related to the current COVID-19 outbreak.